I was roaming my freezer this Sunday trying to figure out what I was gonna make for breakfast this week. I wanted something truly easy, not messy and not highly involved.
Then I hit me…time for a FRITTATA or Egg Bake…I’ve heard people came them both. But what was unique this time, was that I used hashbrowns as a part of my base! I had some leftover O’Brien hash browns from Fresh Thyme (whole30 compliant and sugar free – this still irks me why most mainstream frozen hashies/potatoes contain dextrose), which are great to always have on hand btw. Anyways here’s how I made it:
What you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- Handful of bella mushrooms, chopped
- Handful of sweet peppers, chopped
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Sprinkle of onion salt
- Sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease your pan well with the olive oil. I used a pie pan by the way.
3. Add the hashbrowns first and then the remaining veggies.
4. Next crack open the eggs, add the seasonins and whisk.
5. Pour mixture into pan, making sure to evenly coat.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.