Nowadays I use my muffin tip for more egg related dishes than actually muffins, but c’est la vie.
Eggs are one of the easiest proteins to work with and are actually super portable. This little recipe is a fan fav because not only does it taste amazing, but it looks super fancy for almost zero effort.
-Sugar Free Turkey Bacon (Garrett Valley Farms or Applegate are both great options)=
-1 cup of Spinach
-Handful of Mushrooms, chopped
-6 Eggs (You use 1 egg for each cup)
-Pinch of Salt (for each cup)
-Pinch of Pepper (for each cup)
-Pinch of Garlic Powder (for each cup)
-Pinch of Onion Power (for each cup)
-Pinch of Paprika(for each cup)
- Start by preheating the oven to 325F.
- Next coat your muffin tins with olive oil.
- Take the slices of turkey bacon and round out the muffin cups so that it basically makes a border for the egg cup.
- Place a handful of spinach into each muffin tin.
- Add a handful of mushrooms.
- Crack an egg into each muffin cup.
- Add the pinches of salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika to each cup.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
I like to eat these cups with a few drips of hot sauce as well!
I sincerely LOVE Everything But the Bagel seasoning and I am biased to the Trader Joe’s one ( haha sorry, but if you don’t have a TJs, Coscto has one too). The seasoning seriously steps up the taste for avocados, eggs and even potatoes! This side dish recipe is a super quick and easy recipe you can make for breakfast, lunch or dinner that will not disappoint! It’s also whole30, paleo and super duper clean!
Prep Time: 10 minutes prep, 45 baking TOTAL 55 MINUTES
Here’s what you need:
- Baby Potatoes or Small Potatoes (I used petite mixed potatoes for the above)
- Avocado Oil or Olive Oil (I would not recommend Extra Virgin since it has a lower smoke point and we are roasting these at 425F)
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning (EBB) ( I use the Trader Joe’s version)
- Start by preheating your oven to 425F
- Next wash your potatoes, cut in half and place into a mixing bowl.
- Now take your avocado oil or olive oil and liberally pour over the potatoes.
- Grab the EBB, salt and pepper and again liberally pour over potatoes. I would say I use roughly 2-3 tablespoons of the EBB, a 1/2 tsp salt, and 1 tsp pepper, for a full baking sheet of potatoes (2-3lbs). But I will add more seasoning if the potatoes look like they might need it. It is definitely up to your digression.
- Now mix the ingredients either by hand or by shaking the bowl in a rounded fashion (meaning making a circle with the bowl)
- Now grab your baking sheet, add some oil at the bottom and place wax paper as lining.
- Pour/Place potatoes on the baking sheet making sure they are evenly spread out.
- Roast potatoes for 45 minutes at 425F.
- Once done, remove from oven and let them cool before you serve.
I was roaming my freezer this Sunday trying to figure out what I was gonna make for breakfast this week. I wanted something truly easy, not messy and not highly involved.
Then I hit me…time for a FRITTATA or Egg Bake…I’ve heard people came them both. But what was unique this time, was that I used hashbrowns as a part of my base! I had some leftover O’Brien hash browns from Fresh Thyme (whole30 compliant and sugar free – this still irks me why most mainstream frozen hashies/potatoes contain dextrose), which are great to always have on hand btw. Anyways here’s how I made it:
What you will need:
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup frozen hash browns
- Handful of bella mushrooms, chopped
- Handful of sweet peppers, chopped
- Sprinkle of pepper
- Sprinkle of onion salt
- Sprinkle of Italian Seasoning
- Olive Oil
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Grease your pan well with the olive oil. I used a pie pan by the way.
3. Add the hashbrowns first and then the remaining veggies.
4. Next crack open the eggs, add the seasonins and whisk.
5. Pour mixture into pan, making sure to evenly coat.
6. Bake for 40 minutes.
So fun fact…I’ve recently become a GRAPEFRUIT lover 😍. I love eating it all by itself but then this weekend I decided to bake them and add some cinnamon! Most recipes require sugar, honey or maple but honestly in my opinion you don’t need it! Seriously this little trick has taken grapefruit to another level! It’s an easy little way to make your day a little more fancy!⠀
Here’s how you make them! ⠀
- grapefruit(s) ⠀
- cinnamon ⠀
- baking sheet ⠀
1. Preheat oven to 400F⠀
2. Cut the grapefruits in half, but make sure to go down the middle not through the white little hole at the top! This cut gives the ideal star-like look!⠀
3. Sprinkle cinnamon over the grapefruit.⠀
4. Bake for 15 minutes. ⠀
So I will be the first to admit that I thought the instant pot was a bit scary and overwhelming but I quickly learned what a magical kitchen instrument it actually was. I was actually super busy one Sunday and didn’t have a ton of time to meal prep so I thought to myself..if I can make chili in the crockpot how hard could it be to make it faster in the instant pot. And that is how this recipe was born!
- 2 lbs of ground chicken
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 3-4 cloves of garlic
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 1 green pepper (get whats on sale to be honest, when it comes to colors of peppers lol)
- 1 red pepper
- avocado for garnish
- 1 TSBP salt
- 1 TSBP pepper
- 1 TSBP chili powder
- 1 TSBP paprika
- 1 TBSP cayenne pepper
- 1 TBSP cumin
- 1 can of fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 cup of compliant chicken broth
- 1 can of tomato paste
- olive oil or avocado oil
- Begin by place your ground chicken into a mixing bowl, add the salt,pepper, chili powder, paprika, cayenne pepper and cumin and then mix the spices in with the meat.
- Next peel and cut your sweet potatoes into chunks and cut the peppers into rectangle pieces.
- Now you heat a pan on your stove top and add the oil once the pan is heated thoroughly.
- Next mince your garlic and add to the heated pan.
- Take your sweet onion and chop into squares and add to the pan.
- Let this heat until the onion is fairly browned.
- Take your ground chicken and spices and add to the pan. Although to cook until meat is fairly brown. THIS STEP IS IMPORTANT BECAUSE THIS IS WHERE THE FLAVOR OF THE MEAT IS SEARED IN.
- While the meat is cooking, this is the perfect time to plug in and turn on your instant pot. The setting you will be using is the chili function. You can go ahead and start the chili cook function as the machine will need to heat up.
- Once the meat is browned, go ahead and add the browned ground chicken to your instant pot. Now you will also add the sweet potato, pepper, can of fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste and chicken broth.
- Put the lid on top and let the machine do its thing. The whole process will take about 45 minutes…30 for cooking and then another 15 for the cool down process.
- Once done you add a half an avocado for garnish!
So I have to confess, prior to this year, I’ve never had delicata squash…..but as soon as I had it, I now understand the hype. A squash whose skin you can eat…sign me up!I did some initial research on how to best eat it and it seems like sweet was the way to go. So I thought, how do I make this totally basic…add pumpkin spice of course!
And that’s how this recipe was born! Oh of course its whole30 too! Hope you guys get to try it and enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 delicata squash ( I get mine at Trader Joe’s…they are $0.99 each)
- 2 hefty TBSP of coconut oil (I used the Costco Brand Virgin Coconut Oil)
- 2 TBSP of compliant pumpkin spice (I use the Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Spice)
- 2 TBSP of cinnamon
- 2 TBSP of nutmeg
- 1 TBSP of cloves (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 425F.
- You start by cutting the delicata squash in half length wise with a sharp knife. The sharp knife is extremely important because cutting this bad boy with a dull knife could result in the loss of a finger. Next you remove the seeds and guts. Once the delicata is clean, you cut from the narrow end to get the fan like appearance. You can also cut lengthwise to go more for a fry look. (If you have a duller knife, a quick hack would be microwaving the delicata squash for about a 3-5 minutes to soften the skin a bit.)
- Next take the delicata curls and place them in a bowl. At this point you take your 2 TBSP of coconut oil and drizzle in. Its preferential that the coconut oil is in liquid form to allow for the spices to coat better.
- Speaking of spices, take your whole30 compliant pumpkin spice seasoning, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves and dump them into the bowl. Next you mix the mixture either by hand or with a spatula.
- Grab your wax lined baking sheet and place your delicate curls on it. At this point, if you feel like you would like more spice, feel free to add some more spices.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Once the delicata curls are done, remove from oven and let them cool.
-2 lbs of ground beef or ground chuck
-2 more green than yellow plantains
-1/2 of a white onion chopped
-2 cans of diced tomatoes with green chiles
-1 Tbsp cayenne pepper
-1 Tbsp chili powder
-1 Tbsp paprike
-1 Tbsp cumin
-1 Tbsp oregano
-1 Tbsp garlic powder
First preheat your oven to 350F. Next you take the ground beef or ground chuck, add in the spices ( salt, pepper, cayenne powder, chili powder, paprika, cumin, oregano, garlic powder ) and mix the meat with the spices. Let the meat mixture sit while you heat the skillet with a 1tsp of ghee ( I used @organicvalley ghee). Meanwhile chop the white onion in 1in pieces and sauté the onion in the ghee. Once the onion is cooked through, add the meat and cook until brown.
While the meat is cooking, peel the plantains, cut lengthwise and line the bottom of the casserole dish with them. I sprinkled chili powder on them as well for a bit of a kick. Once the meat is thoroughly cooked through, strain it and them dump it into the casserole dish. Next dump the 2 cans of diced tomaotes with chilies on top and spread across evenly. Place the dish into the oven and let it cook for 40 minutes.
Once cooled, you can serve the taco bake with fresh salsa and guac. I used the medium fresh salsa from @aldiusa and the pineapple poblano as well. I also topped with cilantro for taste.
Caveat…it’s not gonna look perfect..it will fall apart BUT it tastes amazing and is so so easy to make!
- 1 pack of 4 chicken breasts,
- Tessemaes mild buffalo sauce
- 3 sweet potatoes.
- avocado oil spray,
- salt and pepper
1. First cut your chicken in about 1 inch strips.
2. Grab a plastic freezer bag, put chicken breasts, salt, pepper, and give or take ⅔ cup of tessemaes Mild Buffalo Sauce and let it marinate for ATLEAST AN HOUR, but preferably overnight if you can!
3. Next grab your sweet tater, pop it into the microwave for 1 minute to soften, and then chop into fry style pieces.
4. Preheat your oven to 400F.
5. Line the SP fries on a wire rack, on a baking sheet….(try this and thank me later 😏). Spray with avo oil and sprinkle the salt all over. Place into the oven for about 35-40 minutes.
6. Now let’s pretend time has passed and your chickies are marinated enough. Grab some ghee and melt it in a pan.
7.Once melted, place about 4 or 5 chicken strips into the pan and cover with a splatter pan or pot cover…again TRUST me lol.
8. Turn the chicken over once browned/oranged lol.
9. Once chicken is fully cooked, place on plate with sweet potato fries and drizzle some additional mild buffalo sauce for more of a boost in flavor!
I call these puppers #Whole30 Jalapeno Deviled Eggs…they have a bit of a kick but if you like jalapeno #paleomayo…you’ll like these!
- 5 HB eggs
- 3 TBSPs Jalapeno Paleo Mayo
- Chili Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes (for garnish)
First you separate the egg yolks into a bowl, add the jalapeno mayo, seasonings and mix together! You can easily just scope the mixture into the egg white shells or you can be fancy and pipe them! Although I have a piping kit, you can easily take a sandwich baggie and snip a corner and voila…a simple piping baggie. Now your Deviled Eggies can be a little fancy!
**You can use any paleo mayo recipe and add a roasted jalapeno to it, but if you want my recipe, its listed on an earlier blog post, but I’ve repeated it for your convenience here!
1. One room temperature egg
2. One cup of avocado oil or lighting tasting olive oil. DO NOT USE EVOO OR REGULAR OLIVE OIL. Trust me! I am a huge fan of chosen foods Avo Oil! Costco has that huge bottle for $10 right now!
3. 1/2 tsp salt
4. 1/2 tsp pepper
5. 1/2 tsp garlic powder
6. 1/2 onion powder
7. Juice of half a lemon or 2 TBSP vinegar (lemon gives a better taste but vinegar works in a pinch too)
8. 1 medium roasted jalapeño chopped (roast fresh jalapeño at 400F for 40 minutes). If the pepper is on the larger side, maybe don’t add all of it cause it might burn your tastebuds hahaha.
Start by measuring out your oil, then crack the egg into the oil and let it settle in the middle. Next add in spices, lemon juice and jalapeño. Place the immersion blender in the middle of the cup preferable above the egg. Blend and slowly move the immersion stick up. That’s it!