Nothing beats a Whole30 classic like Spaghetti & Zoodles. Its hard to mess up and ready in under 30 minutes!
Here’s what you need:
- 2-2 ½ lbs of lean ground beef (80%-85%)
- ½ a medium sized yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic (or 4-5 cloves)
- ½ bag of spinach
- 1 16oz container of white mushrooms
- 1 8oz can of tomato paste
- 1 15oz can of tomato sauce
- Compliant cooking oil
- Start by slicing your mushrooms and dicing your yellow onion.
- Next heat your pan up with your desired cooking oil on a medium heat. Once oil is heated through, add minced 1 TBSP garlic and diced onion. Saute until lightly brown.
- Add your mushrooms and cook until softened.
- Remove mixture from pan.
- Add a little more cooking oil and the remaining TSBP of minced garlic. Saute until the garlic until its lightly browned.
- At this point, add in the ground beef and break apart into pieces. Sprinkle a little salt and pepper into the meat while its cooking.
- Once meat is thoroughly browned, add in the mushroom, onion, and garlic mixture to the pan.
- Grab your tomato paste and disperse evenly into the mixture.
- Add the can of tomato sauce.
- Throw in the ½ bag of spinach.
- Turn down the heat and let the sauce come to a slight boil.
- Add a healthy dash of oregano and basil, and season to taste with salt & pepper if needed.
- Serve on a bed of RAW zoodles.**
**Keeping the zoodles raw helps the mixture from becoming overly soggy.
***Also if planning this for meal prep, I highly recommend keeping meat and zoodles separate until consumption. The goal is for the meat mixture to cook the zoodles to again keep them from getting soggy.
****Zoodles can be purchased but can easily made (which IMO is the more economical answer). I am including a link to a metal spiralizer that I have recently fallen in love with.