As a blonde and as a hair enthusiast, I decided to share my list of haircare/hair tool staples that help ensure my hair is healthy and well maintained! Some of these items may surprise you, some may not. I also encourage you to read the description as my recommendations have advice & critiques. Enjoy!
1. Fanola No Yellow Shampoo – I use this shampoo 2-3 times a week to maintain my “Icy Bitch Blonde” color. I wash my hair with regular shampoo, rinse and use the purple shampoo and then condition. The cleaner the hair, the more the purple shampoo strip the yellow from your hair. Just be ware that if you use too often it might give you a purple/greyish tint.
2. The Original Wet Brush – This brush CHANGED my life and honestly you can feel a difference when you brush your wet hair. It practically glides through the hair. The one note I have is that I personally swear by the original. I bought the “speed dry” one with the slits and absolutely hated it. It tore by hair and did not glide like the original.
3. Hot Tools One Step Hair Dryer Brush – THIS HAS CHANGED HOW I GET READY. Its a blow dryer and brush in one and truthfully I am in LOVE. But before you click buy let me share that I think this works best on shorter hair I am talking more bob to a little past shoulder. On longer hair, with the air being more concentrated than a regular dryer, it would take longer.
4. Big & Sexy Teasing Powder – All I need to say is no more teasing and no more tangles, this stuff is magical and gives my hair the volume I crave. (If you buy it at Ulta, you can use the $3.50 coupon bringing down the price)
5. Mini elastic hair ties (clear) – I love these hair ties for making my half hair brands as well as my mini pony/bun look! The clear aspect gives the hair a more put together look.
6. Teleties – Yes there are a TON of knocks off of these but the Teleties cannot be beat. The thickness of the hair tie is the key. It’s as thick as an old phone cord! I love these for wearing on my wrist as an accessory and then use to put up my hair. And honestly you don’t need 20. If you have one or two you are set. Caveat tho…I do not use these for workouts. They are not that tight and therefore my hair slide out during vigorous activity.
7. Knotted Thick Headband – Ok ok here me out! This is my GO TO headband especially on days when I do not style my hair or those days when I don’t wash my hair. It gives off a fun 60s vibe, holds the hear and is super comfortable to wear.
8. Assorted Hair Clips – I mean these are just fun to be honest. I love pinning my hair back on one side with these. Plus there is so much to choose fun and at Amazon’s low price you can’t say no!
9. Pearl Headbands – So I know I already have a headband on the list but the difference is while the other is more practical these are more to accessorize. They give off a fun Blair Waldorf look to an outfit and honestly they go with a lot! Definitely a staple accessory for your wardrobe and if you buy off amazon, you get a good bang for your buck!
10. Paul Mitchell Blow Out Primer – I ADORE THIS primer. I acts as an all in one that I put in my wet hair. It detangles, is a heat protectant, blowout enhancer and makes your hair super soft. Also it smells divine! I try to score this at Ulta when its 50 percent so around $13! But even at full price, its amazing.
11. FoxyBae Sea Salt Spray – Picture yourself getting ready but you are running short on time and cannot finishing blow drying your hair. Cue this sea salt spray! It gives my hair that scrunched beachy look without the crunch! Plus I use it in the morning when I am short on time and then if I am going out etc in the evening, I can easily add some curls to it to enhance my look.