Now quick Whole30 tip…fries are only allowed on a Whole30 if they are homemade…only in that scenario can you say “Whole30 Fries”. That being said, I still say be aware if fries are your FWNB..food with no brakes.
It is also important to note that for this recipe you need the coconut oil spray….I tried to make these without the spray and I noticed my fries didn’t roast as well and were basically swimming in coconut oil. Also its important to use a baking sheet rather than a glass pan….also the swimming factor.
- 1 sweet potato
- Can of Coconut Spray ( I used the Pompeian Brand I found at Walmart for $3)
- Pinch of Salt
- Preheat oven to 425F
- Peel your sweet potato and then cut into one inch slices. Make sure you use a sharp knife…that makes life alot easier!
- Arrange the “fries” on a lined baking sheet either with wax paper or aluminium foil.
- Spray “fries” with coconut oil to lightly coat. I recommend flipping over to make sure you get all sides.
- Once evenly coated, sprinkle as much cinnamon as much as you prefer. I enjoy a luxurious coating so my “fries” were basically brown haha. Then at this point I added the pinch of salt.
- Then bake fries for 20 minutes.
- Let them cool.
- You can either dip them in BBQ, Almond Butter or eat them as is!