What did you say……..
Yes you heard correctly!
I managed to stay about 80 percent at an all-inclusive resort and it was surprisingly easy!
So how did I do it….
- I approached the trip with a plan…breakfast and lunch 100% compliant, while dinner was gonna be a “as best as I can, off plan”
- I avoided all desserts….they are not gonna be that good anyways, trust me.
- I focused on the fresh fruits and veggies as much as possible.
- I knew I could count on eggs for breakfasts…once I scoped out the grill area I was able to figure out that they do frittata’s, omelettes, etc in addition to the hard boiled eggs already available.
- For lunch, I bee-lined it for the grill for either grilled chicken or grilled burgers, making deconstructed chicken sandwiches or burgers.
- I drank alcohol, but I was super selective…I avoided the sugary drinks for the most part…sometimes indulging in one a day. But honestly I drank mostly vodka sodas or gin sodas with lime.
- I packed whole30/ whole30 swypo snacks! THIS IS A MUST.
- I still enjoyed myself because I treated the food as fuel!
Typical Breakfast: 2 hardboiled eggs, fruit, salsa and a piece of grilled meat
Typical Lunch: Fresh veggies, grilled chicken or grilled burger patty, salsa, mustard, fresh fruit
Typical Dinner: Meat & Veggies…avoiding all grains, pastas, etc.
And lots and lots of coffee!