So love pizza for breakfast but your on Whole30 and all that jazz….well let me introduce you to these puppies.
Serving – 12 muffins
- 8 eggs
- 2 compliant chicken sausages ( I used Coleman’s Organic Spinach sausages for more flavor but any italian/veggie style should work) (other suggestions include TJ’s spicy italian sausage or Braut Haus sausages)
- 5 white mustrooms sliced
- 1 green pepper sliced into cubes
- Garlic powder
- Chili Powder
- Avocado Oil
- Cupcake Tin
- Can of tomato sauce
- Nutritional Yeast (I get mine at Tj’s)
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Chop up mushrooms to thin slivers, green peppers in cubes or rectangles, and sausage into half circles. Put these ingredients in a bowl.
- Next crack eggs into bowl and whisk. Add salt and garlic powder to mix.
- Pour egg mix into fresh ingredients bowl.
- Next spray your cupcake tin with avocado oil or if you’re uber fancy line the tins with cupcake paper holders
- Pour out the mixture into the cups…just be aware to not fill them too high because eggs have a tendency to run over the top….and spill into your oven…and then cause a lot of problems. (Learned from eggsperience lol)
- Now onto to the sauce… take your can of tomato sauce, add in salt, basil, oregano, black pepper, a little garlic powder and about 2 heaping spoonfuls of nutritional yeast. You can either mix this by hand or use a handy dandy immersion blender. At this point, I would add about 1/4 cup water to liquefy the sauce a bit more.
- Add about 2 TBSP to each muffin.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes.