So if you’re looking for something a little different than the usual scrambled eggs, frittata or omelette these puppers are definitely for you! They are perfect to “batch make ahead” and then heat up in the morning.
- 5 portabello caps ( I got mine at Aldi)
- 2 tubes of Chorizo (Also got mine from Aldi)
- 6 eggs
- Handful of Kale
- Hot Sauce (Dave’s Red Hot)
- So you start by emptying the chorizo in a pan. No oil or butter needed since the chorizo has the fat juice.
- Then crack open all six eggs and start slowing folding over the mixture.
- After about 2 minutes add in the kale. I added in the salt and pepper, gave it one last minute and turned off the heat.
- Next, I scooped out the brown guck from the portabello caps. I’m not sure what the official name is but it ain’t pretty.
- Afterwards, I filled the caps with about 2-3 spoonfuls of the mixture and placed in a baking pan.
- I baked the portabello caps for another 40 minutes at 350F
- Once I was ready to eat post reheat I drizzled with some hot sauce for some added kick.