This recipes makes roughly 4 servings
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 to 4 chicken thighs (these can be interchanged depending on price and availability)
- Avocado Oil or EVOO
- Chili Powder (Aldi brand)
- Paprika (Aldi brand)
- Cayenne Pepper (Aldi brand)
- Cumin (Aldi brand)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 orange pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 2 green peppers
- 1/2 chopped yellow onion (can leave out if need be)
- Mixed Greens (Aldi)
- Whole30 salsa (I used Chipotle Lime salsa from Aldi)
You chop up the peppers into about 1in to 1/2in slivers. Then chop the breasts and thighs into 1inc to 1 1/2in pieces, basically so they are easy to just eat with a fork.
Preheat open to about 375F.
Put those contents into a baking pan and pour the Avocado Oil over it. Then take the spices and sprinkle vigorously and generously over mixture. Once done, mix the spices with the meat and peppers into the pan so everything spreads out easily. I baked it in the oven for 45 minutes and let it sit on for another 5 on top of the oven.
I serve the mixture over the mixed greens and used the salsa as a dressing. You have the option of heating the chicken separately or eating it cold on the salad.
The entire process takes max 45 minutes to 1 hour!